Friday, September 7, 2007

BBQ Pulled Pork

Holly, since you are quite possibly my only reader...:)...this one is for you. I still can't find my camera (much to my husband's disappointment...and mine), so no pictures again. Sorry. This dinner was really yummy. My husband ranted and raved about it, and if you know Todd, you know that he is not one who usually rants and raves. This recipe is courtesy of Paula Deen. I sure love that woman!

BBQ Pulled Pork

Dry Rub
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp pepper
1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
1 Tbsp paprika
1/4 Tbsp cayenne pepper

4-lbs shoulder pork roast

~Press dry rub all over the pork roast; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2-hours.

2 cups apple juice
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp worcestershire
3/4 Tbsp liquid smoke
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder

~Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Combine liquid ingredients; put roast in a roasting pan with a lid, pour liquid over it, cover with aluminum foil and then the lid; bake for 4-hours. When cooked through, shred the pork.

I ate these on really yummy soft hamburger buns with plenty of mayo, a dollop of BBQ sauce, and a spoon full of coleslaw. It was so good that my mouth is watering just thinking about it. The only thing missing for me was a nice, crisp Clausen pickle!

3 comments:

Holly Dart said...

thanks, sara! I am making this. soon. I can't wait to try it (and the orange chicken- yum!)

Holly Dart said...

We made this a week ago for sunday dinner. It got rave reviews! We didn't have any cole slaw, but we put some really yummy bbq sauce on (Bone Suckin' Sauce) and they were delicious!

Holly Dart said...

We made this a week ago for sunday dinner. It got rave reviews! We didn't have any cole slaw, but we put some really yummy bbq sauce on (Bone Suckin' Sauce) and they were delicious!