Sunday, January 6, 2008

BBQ Chicken Quesadillas

We just finished eating some of the tastiest quesadillas we've ever made. Todd even deemed them "restaraunt quality"...of course today was fast Sunday, so that might account for some of the praise. Regardless, I had to share becasue they really are good.

I thawed out some chicken breasts, cut them into small pieces, then marinaded them in BBQ sauce for about an hour. Then I made the onions. The onions are what realy made this quesadilla delicious. I cut a sweet vidalia onion onion into rings and sauted them on low heat with some butter and about 1 TBSP of honey until they were very carmelized (It took about 20-25 minutes). I cooked the chicken with a bit of olive oil until it was done. Then I chopped up some bacon and cooked it until crispy. I cooked some thinly sliced green bell pepper along with the bacon until it was just softened.
 


I wanted a bit more flavor, so I mixed up about 2 tsps on powdered ranch with a little mayo and milk to make this ranch paste stuff. It would have been too potent to put on a salad or to dip veggies in, but a little of this spread on the tortilla was just right.
 


Put it all together and add some cheese and you're good to go! We dipped our quesadillas in a bit of sour cream and it was heaven.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I have a favorite recipe for BBQ chicken quesadillas, but now I really want to try these out!!