Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mac & Cheese

This is one of our family's favorite comfort foods. This mac & cheese is so creamy and delicious that it almost melts in your mouth.
 

Mac & Cheese
-2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
-1/4 cup butter
-3 TBSP flour
-1 tsp salt
-1 1/2 cups milk
-2+ cups shredded cheese

Cook macaroni to al dente, set aside. In saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and salt and cook for about one minute. Add milk and cheese, stirring constantly until cheese is melted. Stir in cooked pasta and cook on low for 5-10 minutes.

Tips: -I like to use sharp cheddar for my mac & cheese, but tonight I didn't have any so we used Colby Jack instead. Any cheese would be good.
-I use closer to 3 cups of cheese because I like it super-cheesy, but the recipe itself calls for only 2 cups.
You be the judge on how much your family likes cheese.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: