Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years Breakfast

 

This morning I made one of my very favorite things...omelets. I guarantee that you have what you need to make one of these delicious beauties. The secret (which maybe isn't really quite so secret) is using a big Tablespoon of buttermilk waffle mix stirred with a little bit of water to your eggs before you beat them.

 

Then just cut up your favorite toppings, add a bit of cheese, and you're good to go. My favorites: green and red peppers, tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms, ham, crumbled bacon, and browned hashbrowns (yes, I put hashbrowns IN my omelet...mmmmm)

 


Make sure you don't put too much egg in your pan, or you won't be able to enjoy your filling, which in my opinion is the best part. After you pour the eggs into the pan, gently lift up the sides to allow the egg to run through so it cooks all the way through. When most of the runny egg is gone, put your topping on one side and fold in half. Cooking with a lid helps to cook the egg all the way through. Flip the omelet over once and cook a little longer, then put on a plate and enjoy.
 

No comments: