Wednesday, August 15, 2007

BLT Salad

Well, tonight was my night to try a new recipe. I love trying new recipes...not everyone else in my family loves it, but I sure do. This one is from 30-minute Meals by Rachel Ray and it was yummy. The dressing is especially delicious! (How could it be otherwise when its base is bacon?!?!) I hope I'm not alone when I say that I adore anything with bacon in it. That yummy goodness is just too much to pass up. Even my veggie friends like to stock up on their version of "bacon". (I've tried it and it's pretty good...I'm not sure exactly WHAT it is, but it's good.)



BLT: Beef, Leek and Tomato Salad with Bacon Dressing

Steak-recipe calls for strip steak, but that is expensive, so I just used a cheap cut
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
~Drizzle olive oil on steak and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Cook on grill or in pan until just done. Let sit for 5-minutes before slicing.

8-slices bacon, cooked
2 small leeks, chopped and washed
~Cook bacon; remove and drain. Cook washed leeks in bacon drippings. (If there is more than 1-2 Tbsp of grease then take some of it out.)

1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
Splash of water
~Put bacon in a food processor and pulse a couple of times. Add other ingredients and puree into a dressing consistency by adding about 1/2 cup of olive oil while food processor is running.

Romaine lettuce, chopped
Tomatoes, diced
~Put lettuce and tomatoes into individual bowls; top with leeks and beef. Drizzle dressing over salad and enjoy. To quote Rachel Ray, "Yummo!"

No comments: