Friday, August 17, 2007

Popovers

Oh the mighty popover. So easy and so delicious!!! They are a big hit at our house with ALL of the family...toddlers included. I cannot emphasize enough how delectably simple these are. In 25-minutes, with very little effort, you have a great dinner.



You can adorn these beauties with just about anything. After they are baked, they have these hollowish centers that are great for stuffing. Amidst our favorites are scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage, butter and jam, honey, powdered sugar and syrup, ham and cheese...you get the idea. Yum!




Popovers

4 eggs
2 cups milk
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a muffin pan. Break eggs into bowl and mix well. Add milk, flour, and salt and mix until just combined. Pour into your muffin cups and fill about 3/4 full. Put into preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DURING BAKING PROCESS!!!

1 comment:

Holly Dart said...

i recently found my popover recipe from 4th grade. I love these! I have never tried all your filling and topping ideas. I think I will. The maple syrup one looks yummy!